PEA aims to drive and support the development of long term energy projects, policy and educational programs in Philadelphia.
- Focus – Our work aims to add value in areas that are not currently being addressed.
- Collaboration – We connect organizations and resources to expand their potential.
- Impact – We are committed to delivering tangible results.
- Transparency – We aim to openly share our understanding of possibilities and constraints.
Goals for 2016-2017
- Launch the Philadelphia Energy Campaign. Establish operations to support Campaign implementation and initiate program development for municipal buildings, public schools, low income residential and small businesses.
- Participate in the Public Services Safety Campus (PSSC) Central Utility Plant (CUP) financing development process. Develop and execute the PSSC CUP contract for ongoing plant operations.
- Assume energy financing contracts as opportunities arise.
- Provide feedback on the capital projects planning process to Council and the Administration to identify and resolve policies or practices that discourage energy efficiency.
- Host Energy Salons to facilitate public dialogue and education on key energy topics.
- Assist City leadership in understanding complex issues related to energy usage by serving as an unbiased advisor.