Boyer Sudduth Environmental Consultants | Website
Boyer Sudduth Environmental Consultants (BSEC), a Philadelphia-based start up firm, specializes in working with schools on sustainable initiatives. Candidates should have strong writing skills and an interest in sustainability and education.
Intern Position Description:
BSEC works with client schools to help them meet national standards to reduce their environmental impact and save money.
The intern will work primarily with Mary Ann Boyer 8 to12 hours per week during the semester. Projects may also include working with Anne Sudduth. Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Conduct research on specific environmental projects that help schools meet national standards on sustainability issues such as energy use, waste & water use reduction, and school gardens.
- Develop sustainability materials and make recommendations to improve the website. Conduct research to gain background information on sustainability topics. Contribute to blogs, articles, and infographics. Create promotional materials.
- Assist with environmental audits conducted by students and teachers. Audits will relate to energy use and waste reduction. Analyze results and communicate next steps.
- Review sustainability sites for examples of effective case studies. Research best practices for writing exemplary case studies. Apply this background research to create a “Case Study” summary on particular initiatives (such as waste reduction).
- Research existing college/high school sustainability classes for topics and syllabi. Provide recommendations for topics to cover in an introductory sustainability high school class. Include recommended books and resources for students.