FMC | Website
FMC Corporation is a leading specialty company focused on agricultural technologies. FMC provides innovative and cost-effective solutions to enhance crop yield and quality by controlling a broad spectrum of insects, weeds and disease, as well as in non-agricultural markets for pest control.
FMC is a globally diverse organization that offers its employees exciting opportunities to work on challenging projects that are important to the achievement of our strategic objectives. Your education and professional experience are valued and put to use from day one. Your success at completing key initiatives can result in a varied, progressive and fulfilling career with FMC.
With a corporate culture of innovation, integrity, responsibility and customer intimacy, we foster “The Right Chemistry” in everything we do. We are looking for people to join us in creating, developing, and improving our products, our processes, and our markets. If you are ready to make a difference every day, FMC is ready to talk to you.
FMC’s Sustainability Analyst works as part of a small dynamic team accountable for integrating FMC’s sustainability programs across the organization. The analyst serves as the project manager and co-author for FMC’s sustainability report, which follows GRI (Global Reporting Initiative) guidelines. The Analyst must understand evolving data needs and identify the best ways to manage the data collection system across a broad range of metrics. The analyst also works closely with the Sustainability Director to influence next steps for the program based on knowledge of best practices and leading organizations. This includes everything from survey management and developing sustainability training to providing input on processes to include sustainability considerations.
- Sustainability Report
- Serve as project manager and co-author for FMC’s Annual Sustainability Report – one of FMC’s largest public communications. In many ways, the report serves as the ‘face’ of FMC, especially to potential job candidates and customers who increasingly want to ensure a responsible supply chain.
- Lead all internal processes related to report writing, materiality assessment, GRI indicator strategy, sensitive issue strategy and data collection and analysis.
- Co-direct and support the writing and design throughout report development, including report strategy, key objectives, theme and outline. This responsibility includes using an internal network to gather content for the report and the ability to understand and translate key FMC initiatives, objectives and issues so they are easily understood by an external audience.
- Collect GRI information and submit to GRI for verification of FMC’s report to intended level.
- Facilitate feedback process with internal/external stakeholders to gather input for future reports; share findings internally with all levels of the organization, including executives, and develop plans for improvement.
- Keep abreast of changes and advancements in the sustainability reporting world. Where necessary, establish plans to align with changing standards.
- Data Management
- Continuously improve systems and processes that provide FMC with the capability to collect, consolidate and analyze data and metrics across the areas of innovation and business practices. This requires working with R&D, EHS, plant managers, HR directors and finance managers.
- Train data owners in various functions across the organization on systems and metrics to ensure adequate understanding of information. This includes the creation and maintenance of SOPs.
- Recommend and (where necessary) create processes for reliable data quality checks and analysis within the businesses. Facilitate and manage these processes where necessary.
- Analyze, interpret data and develop communications to people at various levels in the organization including FMC’s Sustainability Steering team (includes most members of FMC’s Operating Committee).
- External and Internal Sustainability Websites
- Lead the design and content development for FMC’s external sustainability website, including annual update to host new report and all necessary component material.
- Update and provide relevant information to the FMC intranet, which is an important sustainability resource for FMC employees
- Best Practices
- Actively participate in sustainability conferences; represent FMC on relevant industry group sustainability committees to keep abreast of trends, influence outcomes and help implement best practices. May include speaking at both internal and external meetings.
- Continue to spread the image of FMC as a company committed to sustainable development.
- Advise business leaders about sustainability trends that will impact their business.
- Help make recommendations that will increase FMC’s rankings within additional disclosures, including but not limited to CDP and Dow Jones Sustainability Index
- Advise site level personnel on social engagement strategy and develop indicators for measuring impact
- Contribute blog posts and articles on thought leadership in sustainability publications to raise FMC’s profile as a sustainable organization
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (any of the sciences, sustainability, environmental studies, communication)
- Graduate degree in sustainability or environmental management a plus
- Extensive knowledge of sustainability reporting and engagement best practices
- Experience developing and delivering presentations to senior level people
- Ability to employ a variety of computer software programs and tools
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes
At FMC, diversity and inclusion are in our DNA. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to creating an inclusive workplace where all employees can thrive – regardless of race, gender, sex, pregnancy, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, color, age, religion or religious creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. FMC also supports employee participation in company employee resource groups that celebrate the diverse backgrounds of our workforce by providing communities for employees to connect with each other and raise awareness throughout FMC.
To apply click here.