American Water | Website
Founded in 1886, American Water is the largest and most geographically diverse publicly traded U.S. water and wastewater utility company. With headquarters in Voorhees, N.J., the company employs over 7,000 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and market-based drinking water, wastewater and other related services to an estimated 15 million people in 46 states and Ontario, Canada. To learn more about American Water and additional career opportunities, visit www.amwater.com.
New hire must live within Philadelphia, or be willing to relocate.
Primary role: Coordinates the identification, communication and contractual engagement of all qualified plumbing service contractors for AWR’s service plan offerings. Responsible for designing, recommending and successful implementing strategic initiatives that effectively reduce contractor costs and improve the customer experience. This position includes periodic audits of claims in neighboring states.
- Participates in the development of internal policies and procedures associated with services provided. Maintains an appropriate geographic coverage between consumer locations/concentrations and contractor service locations. Ensures an adequate source of alternative/secondary service contractors to replace primary service contractors that may become unavailable. Works alongside Claims Supervisor regarding contractor dispatch activities provided by internal and/or external service providers. Ensures that such services are provided in a timely and cost effective manner. Resolves customer disputes along with Claims Supervisor and Escalation and Compliance Specialist regarding coverage issues or repair work complaints.
- Confirms completion of plumbing contractor repair assignments, verifies actual repair costs billed to contract rates, investigates any unusual expenses and repairs contractor invoices for payment. Ensures hard copy and imaged files are complete for each customer repair service by reviewing, communicating and solving issues with invoicing specialist.
- Maintains Contractor database systems, including repair service cost tracker and performance evaluations. Recommends process improvements to ensure timely cost effective customer repair services. Familiarize and monitor local codes as well as city upgrades or incidents, which may have an impact to AWR. Attend required staff meetings and be prepared to participate in discussions regarding issues, requested documents or reporting, and potential solutions for continuous improvement.
- Provides interface to AWR affiliate and non-affiliate companies and interdepartmental coordination to resolve unusual problems in process flow. Maintains positive liaison with internal management and staff at the Alton CSC, contractor dispatch center and affiliate and non-affiliate company field operating centers. Assists in the development of communication and training materials for affiliate and non-affiliate field operating representatives.
- Supports AWR Marketing and Business Development on growth opportunities. Collaborate with Escalation and Compliance Specialists when necessary to ensure current license and certificate of insurance polies are compliant with contract requirements.
Experience: Three (3) or more years’ experience in the construction and/or plumbing project management.
Education: High School diploma, or GED equivalent is required.
To apply click here.