Philadelphia Energy Authority | Website
The Philadelphia Energy Authority (PEA) is an independent municipal authority chartered by City Council and the Mayor in 2010, focused on issues of energy affordability and sustainability for Philadelphia. In early 2016, in partnership with City Council President Darrell Clarke, PEA launched the Philadelphia Energy Campaign, a $1 billion, 10-year investment in energy efficiency and clean energy projects in 4 sectors: City buildings, public schools, low- and moderate-income housing, and small businesses. We believe that energy is an important vehicle for reducing poverty, improving education, strengthening communities and leveraging public investment.
Title: Solar Projects Coordinator
Reports to: Laura Rigell, Solar Manager
Number of direct reports: 0
Location: 1400 JFK Blvd (City Hall), Room 566, Philadelphia, PA 19107
Open Date: April 29, 2019
Close Date: May 27, 2019. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis since PEA is seeking to hire immediately.
Exempt/Non-Exempt Status: Exempt (Full-Time)
Since PEA launched Solarize Philly in 2017, Philadelphia has become the 4th fastest growing solar market in the country. Solarize Philly is already the nation’s largest single solarize initiative, and PEA just reopened the program for a third phase. PEA is also offering a solar lease option for a pilot cohort of low- and moderate-income (LMI) households and will build on this project to offer solar to 1,000 households over the course of the Philadelphia Energy Campaign. PEA also supports commercial and utility-scale solar deployment in Philadelphia and beyond.
The Solar Projects Coordinator will work on the design and implementation of PEA’s cutting edge solar programs, helping to grow solar in Philadelphia to advance the goals of the Philadelphia Energy Campaign and the Mayor’s climate commitments. The Coordinator supports the Solar Manager and leads a variety of administrative, operational, and project coordination efforts for all PEA solar initiatives, with a focus on the Solarize Philly program. He/she will provide a critical layer of project management including data management, customer relationship management, and marketing.
Key Success Factors:
Our ideal candidate is a strong communicator with an interest in solar energy. Experience in the clean energy sector is a plus. Because we are a small team, PEA seeks a self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset, a person who is comfortable with learning new things, who is focused on results rather than tasks, who does what they say they will do and who has a high level of organization and follow through. Comfort with juggling multiple priorities, deadlines, projects and customer service requirements concurrently will be key in this role.
A commitment to Philadelphia and a passion for energy, sustainability, climate change, and/or poverty, equity and economic development issues are essential.
Responsibilities may include:
- Primary point of contact for customer service and management for Solarize Philly and related programming
- Supporting solar program design and administration (including Solarize Philly and inclusive financing options)
- Coordinating selection and management of vendors and program partners
- Tracking program progress and outcomes
- Communication about PEA’s programs
- Providing technical assistance on commercial and utility-scale solar projects
- May require selection and/or management of interns at different points in the year
- Other responsibilities related to the Philadelphia Energy Campaign as assigned
- Undergraduate degree
- 2-4 years of relevant experience
- Experience working in clean energy (preferred)
- Experience with customer service (preferred)
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Strong proficiency in MS Office, Customer Relationship Management software, and project management tools
- Comfortable in a fast-paced work environment with multiple priorities, objectives, and deadlines
- Philadelphia residency (or willingness to become a resident within 6 months of date of hire) required
Salary & Benefits: Salary will be in the low to mid $40,000 range and will be commensurate with experience. Benefits include (but are not limited to) healthcare and retirement benefits and paid time off.
How to apply:
Please send a resume and a brief cover letter explaining why you’d be a good fit for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line must include [FirstName LastName]_Projects Coordinator. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Inquiries or clarifications are preferred to be submitted via email.
The Philadelphia Energy Authority is an Equal Opportunity employer and does not tolerate discrimination based on race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, source of income, familial status, genetic information or domestic or sexual violence victim status.