Kiss Electric | Website
KISS Electric is looking for motivated individuals to join our solar team as a full time solar installer. Must be comfortable working on roofs, be mechanically inclined, have basic carpentry skills, have good communication skills and available to work overtime when needed. Experience in Solar is helpful; however, we are willing to train the right individual who may have the characteristics/skills we are looking for to fit our rapidly growing company.
- Ability to assemble, install or maintain solar photovoltaic (PV) systems on roofs or other structures in compliance with site assessment and schematics. Install required labels on solar system components and hardware. Apply identification labels or tags. Apply weather or other protective coatings sealing to array, building, or support mechanisms.
- Ability to Identify and follow OSHA Rules and Regulations in regards to electrical, environmental, and safety hazards associated with photovoltaic (PV) installations.
- Ability to create and Install diagram layouts and locations for photovoltaic (PV systems) arrays and equipment , including existing building or site features in accordance with codes and regulations.
- Knowledge on how to determine appropriate sizes, ratings, and locations for all system overcurrent devices; disconnect devices, grounding equipment, and surge suppression equipment for operations or installations.
- Knowledge of how to install module array interconnect wiring, implementing measures to disable arrays during installation.
- Identify methods for laying out, orienting, and mounting modules or arrays to ensure efficient installation, electrical configuration, or system maintenance.
- Ability to determine construction project layouts and photovoltaic (PV) system designs or configurations based on factors such as customer needs, expectations, and site conditions.
- Ability to examine designs to determine current requirements for all parts of the photovoltaic (PV) system electrical circuit.
- Knowledge of how to inspect and resolve any issues/ deficiencies pertaining to electrical or electronic systems for electrical installation or materials. Such as: proper wiring, polarity, grounding, or integrity of terminations for any defects and to ensure proper functioning.
- Ability to program, adjusts, or configures inverters and controls for desired set points and operating modes.
- Ability to identify installation locations with proper orientation, area, solar access, or structural integrity for photovoltaic (PV) arrays.
- Determine connection interfaces for additional subpanels or for connecting photovoltaic (PV) systems with utility services or other power generation sources. Demonstrate system functionality and performance, including start-up, shut-down, normal operation, and emergency or bypass operations.
- Prior experience working on roofs and/or in construction a plus.
- Work in all weather conditions
- Prior experience working in Solar is a Plus.
- Electrical experience a plus
- Be comfortable working outdoors at heights and on angled roofs.
- Ability to comfortably lift 50 lbs repeatedly & overhead.
- Work on a team & independently with minimum supervision in a fast-paced environment
- Valid driver license is required.
- Demonstrable ability to use electrical and hand tools (e.g. wire strippers, voltmeter etc.) and electrical drawings and blueprints.
- Thorough knowledge of OSHA safety procedures and legal regulations and guidelines.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving ability.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work in a face paced environment, independently and in a team.
- Excellent physical condition and flexibility to work long shifts and/or possible overnight shifts.
- Must be ready to do overtime work if the need arises.
- Maintain a safe and clean environment at all times.
- Must have a Smart Phone
- Must own your own tools
- Must be able to travel
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must have reliable transportation
Benefits Included: Our company offers a great benefits package for our employees, which Includes the following: Competitive Wages, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) Plan with employer match, Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability and Life Insurance.
Please send your resume and brief description on why you are the perfect candidate for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org.