SmartWatt | Website
Do you find yourself starting up conversations with strangers everywhere you go? Have you been told what a great team player you are? Are you looking to break into the Energy industry? If so, then we want you to join our team!
Sales Representatives at SmartWatt love talking to people and spend their days reaching out to small to medium sized businesses in their regional territory to introduce them to utility energy savings programs. Our Sales Reps are the first contact we have with small business owners and set the foundation for the customer relationship. They play a key role in building new business for their team.
What do our Sales Representative’s do to contribute to the team?
- Generate new business through outreach and provide education to targeted customers on the advantages and value of participating in the energy efficiency utility programs (this includes cold-calling, door knocking, etc.),
- establish the first contact with potential customers and set the tone for a business relationship,
- work with the Sales team to create a lead generation strategy and transition new business to scheduled facility audits, and
- assist with the development of large account relationships, as well as on bigger initiatives.
Our Sales Representatives complete a high volume of transactions, activity and customer interactions on a regular (weekly) basis and have assigned sales goals to achieve.
The core components to be successful are (i.e. must haves):
- A High School Diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience in a sales, marketing, or administrative role or internship
- Active Driver’s License
The following are a definite plus, so if you’ve any of these be sure to tell us!
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or a related field
- Experience working in the energy efficiency/conservation industry
Our most successful Sales Reps come to us with the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Selling skills; a proven ability to initiate various strategies (e.g. cold calls, marketing events, networking, etc.) to increase customer base.
- Sales administration; ability to maintain customer information, prepare and process contracts and generate reports.
- Sales analysis; ability to identify, evaluate and target sales opportunities with the greatest potential.
- Customer focus; passionate about ensuring customers are happy.
Quantity of work; ability to manage a high volume of transactions and activity on a weekly basis.
- Work quality; history of producing high quality work and an ability to take corrective actions.
- Planning; proven success in effectively setting priorities, establishing timelines and leveraging resources
Communication; demonstrated ability to successfully communicate across all levels of an organization
- Computer skills; proficiency with MSOffice products and a proven ability to learn new technologies.
- Social Networking skills; ability to utilize social networking to engage prospective customers.
If this describes you and you have an interest in Energy Solutions, SmartWatt can provide the necessary technical training!
SmartWatt is a purpose-led company and it is important that all SmartWatt-ers share the following values:
- Commit to Win – for SmartWatt, there’s value in winning. Winning is fun. It creates energy, fuels momentum, stimulates growth and defines success.
- Outperform Yourself – We love what we do and we seize every opportunity to outperform our competitors, but more importantly – to always outperform ourselves, knowing there is always a next level.
- Deliver on Commitments – Integrity is not a tired cliché with SmartWatt. Keeping our word and keeping it real are at the heart of our corporate DNA.
- Embrace the Unconventional – The status quo, the way it’s always been done, predetermined solutions and convention wisdom are the basics, not the end game here. Exceptional is standard practice at SmartWatt.
- Connect & Collaborate – In our client relationship, partner alliances and in the SmartWatt culture, there is no winning without shared values and ongoing collaboration.
To be successful at SmartWatt these values MUST resonate with you!
The work environment:
As a Sale Representative you will spend about half of your time traveling to and visiting businesses which will require frequent driving, walking and standing. The other half your time will be spent in an office setting which will have prolonged periods of sitting and working on a computer. The position frequently communicates with customers and co-workers and must be able to exchange accurate information in an understandable way.
The travel required for this position is 50-75% of the time and is mostly regional.
Come join a company that is committed to going further to understand what is needed and engineer what is possible.
What we do?
SmartWatt is a nationwide, fast-growing company that maximizes the value of infrastructures by optimizing energy and building systems. We design and build energy efficiency upgrade projects that help our customers achieve financial savings, energy reductions and an enhanced environment that fosters productivity, comfort and safety.
Why we do it?
We are driven and passionate about partnering with our customers and providing expertise to create more efficient and optimized environments for their employees, students, teachers and communities to thrive in. We strive to be better, do better and achieve better results for our customers. Our teams of experts don’t follow trends. We set them. We embrace change. We challenge the norm. We make promises – and we keep them. We earn our customers’ business by creating value for them, showing genuine concern and understanding of their needs, building deep relationships, and ensuring they are happy. Our customers see and feel our constant care for every project.
Our Benefits and Perks…
At SmartWatt, we ensure you are supported and valued. To help do this, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. Check out our benefits page for a list of ways that SmartWatt supports your health, your future and how we have some fun while doing it!
In true SmartWatt fashion, we are continually reviewing and re-imagining what we can offer to meet our employee’s needs. We reward our team’s hard work and talent in a way that is valuable to them.
To apply click here.