SmartWatt | Website
Are you looking for a position where you can make a positive impact? Are you a results-driven leader with a track record of achieving team success? Are you looking to work for a company that embraces challenging the status quo? If so, we want you to join our team!
At SmartWatt we partner with Utility’s for their small business energy savings programs and provide the expertise, talent and skill in the following areas: program management, lead generation, auditing, material procurement, construction management, project installation, and quality control/post installation verification.
Program Managers in the Utility division at SmartWatt provide proactive leadership and management to both the sales and operations teams. Ultimately, your role is to ensure that that the team achieves the Utility Program’s energy savings and financial targets, and that your team consistently and safely delivers projects that are compliant with contract terms. Your mission is to make sure that customer’s expectations are met in terms of savings, quality and service and that we have left a lasting impression leading to the promotion of our services!
Our Program Managers contributions to the business include:
- Achieving Business Key Performance Indicators related to program revenue, gross profit, safety, customer service, cash flow, and budget.
- Adhering to all contract terms, Utility Program objectives, and Service Level Agreements including achievement of Program Savings goals within the established Utility Budget.
- Providing direct leadership and coaching to the Sales and Operational management team and ensuring performance is actively managed and developed.
- Developing and executing the Program’s staffing plan; active in talent acquisition for optimal hiring and retention, and staff training.
- Ensuring adherence to standard work by all team members; identify, develop and improve standard work as it relates to all program functions in collaboration with the Utility’s program management team, with a core focus on driving sales and operational efficiencies.
- Ensuring compliance with quality assurance and quality control processes and standards throughout the Program.
- Collaborating with Corporate teams on processes, procedures and workflows to ensure a high level of Program effectiveness, efficiency and success.
- Continually building, nurturing and maintaining SmartWatt’s relationship with the Utility/Client and act as the primary liaison between the Utility and SmartWatt Senior management.
The core components of success are (i.e. must haves):
- A High School diploma
- At least 5 years of experience leading a team to successful achievement of goals and/or objectives.
- Active Driver’s License
The following are a definite plus, so if you’ve got it be sure to tell us!
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Engineering, or a related field
- Previous experience in the lighting industry performing energy audits, surveys and calculations
Our most successful Program Managers come to us with the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Leadership; proven ability to successfully lead others and communicate a vision of success, as well as an ability to drive and successfully manage change.
- People management; demonstrated ability to set expectations, provide ongoing feedback and support employees to achieve expectations; a history of inspiring, motivating and guiding others toward team success.
- Financial Management; demonstrated understanding of general business operations and budgeting.
- Communication; demonstrated ability to successfully communicate across all levels of an organization.
- Strategic planning; demonstrated ability to develop operational plans that support the business.
- Quality control; demonstrated ability to hold others accountable to high quality and take corrective actions.
- Customer focus; passionate about ensuring customer happiness.
- Computer Skills; proficiency with MSOffice products and a proven ability to learn new technologies.
SmartWatt is a purpose-led company and it is important that all SmartWatt’ers share the following values:
- Commit to Win – for SmartWatt, there’s value in winning. Winning is fun. It creates energy, fuels momentum, stimulates growth and defines success.
- Deliver on Commitments – Integrity is not a tired cliché with SmartWatt. Keeping our word and keeping it real are at the heart of our corporate DNA.
- Outperform Yourself – We love what we do and we seize every opportunity to outperform our competitors, but more importantly – to always outperform ourselves, knowing there is always a next level.
- Embrace the Unconventional – The status quo, the way it’s always been done, predetermined solutions and convention wisdom are the basics, not the end game here. Exceptional is standard practice at SmartWatt.
- Connect & Collaborate – In our client relationship, partner alliances and in the SmartWatt culture there is no winning without shared values and ongoing collaboration.
To be successful at SmartWatt these values MUST resonate with you!
The work environment:
As a Program Manager, your work is frequently conducted in an office setting; sitting at a desk utilizing a computer. Occasionally time is spent on customer sites where the conditions can vary by site and location. You may be exposed to extreme temperatures, dry, wet, loud or dusty conditions; although this is rare. Traveling to customer sites requires driving, standing, and walking. You will also need to frequently communicate with customers and co-workers and must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
The travel required for this position can be up to 25% of the time and is typically regional.
Come join a company that is committed to going further to understand what is needed and engineer what is possible.
What we do?
SmartWatt is a nationwide, fast-growing company that maximizes the value of infrastructures by optimizing energy and building systems. We design and build energy efficiency upgrade projects that help our customers achieve financial savings, energy reductions and an enhanced environment that fosters productivity, comfort and safety.
Why we do it?
We are driven and passionate about partnering with our customers and providing expertise to create more efficient and optimized environments for their employees, students, teachers and communities to thrive in. We strive to be better, do better and achieve better results for our customers. Our teams of experts don’t follow trends. We set them. We embrace change. We challenge the norm. We make promises – and we keep them. We earn our customers’ business by creating value for them, showing genuine concern and understanding of their needs, building deep relationships, and ensuring they are happy. Our customers see and feel our constant care for every project.
Our Benefits and Perks…
At SmartWatt, we ensure you are supported and valued. To help do this, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. Check out our benefits page for a list of ways that SmartWatt supports your health, your future and how we have some fun while doing it!
In true SmartWatt fashion, we are continually reviewing and re-imagining what we can offer to meet our employee’s needs. We reward our team’s hard work and talent in a way that is valuable to them.
To apply click here.