Engie | Website
ENGIE North America Inc.
At ENGIE North America, innovation and excellence create a platform for growth. We have a range of businesses in the United States and Canada, including clean power generation, cogeneration, and energy storage; retail energy sales; and comprehensive services to help customers run their facilities more efficiently and optimize energy and other resource use and expense. Nearly 100 percent of our power generation portfolio is low carbon or renewable. Globally, ENGIE is the largest independent power producer and energy efficiency services provider in the world, with operations in 70 countries employing 150,000 people, including 1,000 researchers in 11 R&D centers.
We are looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future.
The Role: Sales Director – PJM Sales
Lead and manage ENGIE’s sales efforts across the PJM Mid-Atlantic (PA, NJ, MD) region through a combination of direct and indirect sales channels. Drive the growth and development for the region by staying attuned to market trends to achieve sales targets.
Preference – Philadelphia, PA or Open to New Jersey / Maryland area
Essential Job Functions
- Coach / Motivate and bring direct leadership to ensure performance of the regional sales team.
- Appropriately manage the underlying activities needed to achieve or exceed margin and profitability goals for the region. (e.g. prospecting, pipeline management, etc.).
- Identify potential issues that would impact the ability of ENGIE Resources to meet regional goals and work with the Regional Vice President of PJM Sales to resolve such issues in a manner exhibiting strong business acumen and teamwork.
- Identify and develop new opportunities to optimize growth and profitability.
- Recruit, hire, lead and retain a strong regional sales team.
- Responsible for managing the utilization of customer relationship management (CRM) system, including frequency of use, accuracy of information, and internal transition of customer account information from sales to account management.
- Coordinate with Regional Vice President of PJM Sales to examine market statistics and trends and diagnose problems and opportunities.
- Collaborate with Regional Vice President of PJM Sales and Supply team to provide market feedback as to competitiveness.
- Comply with all ENGIE policies and procedure
- Essential functions to perform the job
- Acts as a team member with all employees of ENGIE staff
- Complies with all ENGIE policies and procedures
Carries out other duties as assigned
- Expert knowledge of common spreadsheet applications (e.g., Excel), including pivot tables and charting, Tabular data modeling (e.g. Power BI)
- Ability to edit databases and perform basic queries, and to work with data warehouses and other relational database storage environments
- Ability to develop custom approaches to capitalize on opportunities that drive the success of the organization
- Ability to build relationships with non-Business Operations functions such as Sales, IT, and Marketing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation and group facilitation skill
Essential Physical Abilities
- Ability to meet highest attendance requirements
- Ability to use personal computer, calculator, etc
- Could involve some lifting, up to 20 lbs.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to travel, via car or airplane
- Bachelor’s degree
- MBA or Masters preferred
- 10+ years sales experience, with direct sales leadership experience in energy markets.
- Thorough knowledge of sales planning, sales presentations, strategic and tactical selling skills and contract negotiations.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
For this role you must have authorization to work in the United States. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or expression, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
This job advertisement is supported by the ENGIE Talent Acquisition team. Agency involvement is not required. All related inquires must be done to the Talent Acquisition team, not direct to ENGIE North America Managers.
To apply click here.