Comcast | Website
We are building a More Resource-Efficient Company. As we work to bring our customers the best technology, media and entertainment, we also consider our impact on the environment. We hold ourselves accountable to think about sustainability as we make business decisions no matter how big or small. We’re focused on creating a culture of sustainable innovation that inspires environmental responsibility.
Energy + Emissions:
Our commitment to sustainable innovation focuses on our two biggest areas of opportunitymanaging the energy we use and the emissions we create to shrink our carbon footprint.
Products + Experiences:
Our commitment to sustainable innovation means we design our products and experiences to use less power, reduce emissions, and cut down on waste. Whether in the home, in a theme park, in a business, or in a facility, our products and experiences touch millions of customers every day.
Materials + Waste:
Across the various areas of our business, we monitor the materials we consume and determine if we can use less. We divert millions of pounds of waste each year from landfills through companywide recycling programs.
Engagement + Outreach:
We roll up our sleeves to create a better, cleaner future and to improve the quality of life in the communities we serve. We’ve set a companywide goal of dedicating at least 500,000 volunteer hours to improving the environment by 2020.
Responsible for providing operational, project management and some administrative support for multiple Sustainability projects. Ensures timely and cost-effective completion of tasks and manages details with the ability to coordinate diverse teams and functions. Requires exceptional organizational and communications skills. Has developed specialized knowledge and skills in Sustainability. May act as a resource for colleagues with less Sustainability expertise. Will support projects for Sustainability team members and leaders across Comcast Cable, NBCUniversal and Comcast Spectacor.
– Participates in or leads portions of multiple projects at one time, such as preparing operational plans and milestones, providing analysis, preparing reporting, maintaining up-to-date project communications, and/or securing training for a project.
– Develops, maintains, and communicates project status and metrics on an ongoing basis for one or more project teams; develops project status communication presentations, as needed.
– Contributes to creating project budgets and assists with project budget tracking and adherence.
– Provides operational support for project completion; assists with project plan in consultation with appropriate participants and coordinates steps to ensure participation of appropriate interested individuals and groups.
– Leads project status updates to ensure progress toward completion and required procedural steps are completed fully and in a timely manner.
– Seeks cooperation and input in project assignments; coordinates needed meetings to gather input and meet procedural requirements.
– Provides status reports to senior management or other management to keep them apprised of progress and any anticipated issues.
– Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, travel and overtime as necessary.
– Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
– Generally requires 1-3 years of Project Coordination experience.
– Bachelor’s Degree. Education with a Sustainability or related focus is a plus.
– Experience or interest in Sustainability.
– Proficient in MS Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
– Prior experience in coordinating projects and communicating to cross-functional teams.
– Ability to influencing non-direct reports to push initiatives.
– Ability to communicate to all levels or employees, including executive stakeholders.
– Experience with project management software is a plus, but not required.
– Experience with meeting/event planning.
– Strong analytical skills.
– Experience with Tableau is a plus, but not required.
– Organized, responsive and able to prioritize and manage multiple projects
– Excellent organization and time management skills.
– Strong attention to detail.