Engie | Website
ENGIE North America Inc.
At ENGIE North America, innovation and excellence create a platform for growth. We have a range of businesses in the United States and Canada, including clean power generation, cogeneration, and energy storage; retail energy sales; and comprehensive services to help customers run their facilities more efficiently and optimize energy and other resource use and expense. Nearly 100 percent of our power generation portfolio is low carbon or renewable. Globally, ENGIE is the largest independent power producer and energy efficiency services provider in the world, with operations in 70 countries employing 150,000 people, including 1,000 researchers in 11 R&D centers.
We are looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future.
The Role: Plant Manager
Engie is seeking two Plant Managers for the expanding business in North America. The successful candidates may either have management experience or aspire to the position. Engie is aggressively expanding its business in the Solar, Wind and District Energy plants in the United States and Canada. The role will at first be working under the direction of a current plant manager and will lead to an independent Plant Manager role at one of the recently acquired sites. Working under an existing Plant Manager for a limited period allows the employee to develop the right mindset, skills and abilities to take on leadership roles within the power plants facilities. The goal will be to give the individual exposure to all departments and all aspects of power plant and corporate management. The program will also include spending time at other facilities and with the different subsidiaries of ENGIE North America such as Engie Services. Time will be spent with Corporate support groups such as Commercial, Safety and Environmental in Houston to understand each function, to gain perspective of the services these groups provide.
Director of Thermal Operations
Plant Manager during the assignment development period
Temporary Assigned site TBD during interview process (possible options include Columbus, Boston, Nashville, DC, Ottawa, Houston, Maryland as well as other locations). Temporary assignment period will be dependent on experience.
Permanent Assigned site TBD at the completion of the Temporary Assignment.
Salaried – Exempt
Essential Job Functions
- Work with managers to plan and perform delegated managerial responsibilities
- Adhere to guidelines of formal written training program
- Participate in interviewing, hiring, and training employees
- Comply with all ENGIE policies and procedures
- Operate as a team member with all employee of ENGIE staff
- Work in different power plant departments to gain perspective, including operations, maintenance and fuel handling.
- Spend time with other ENGIE subsidiaries to broaden knowledge of these companies
- Educate herself/himself in company policies that affect business
- Assume additional responsibilities as directed by the Director of Thermal Operations
- For this position, you must have evidence of right to work in the U.S. There is no employer sponsorship of U.S. residency or work authorization with this role. Ability to work irregular hours, weekends and be on “all call” status if needed
- Travel to other facilities, corporate, and affiliated business units for a week at a time
- Work safe every day and hold other accountable for their own safety.
- Establish and uphold a work environment dedicated to integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence;
- Empower and engage ENGIE employees at all levels of the organization
- Relentless drive for continuous improvements in safety, production, compliance, maintenance, housekeeping, employee development
- Strong leadership/management/communication skills
- Strong organization/prioritizing skills
- Ability to make significant independent judgment
Essential Physical Abilities
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Ability to meet highest attendance requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to use personal computer, calculator, etc.
- Could involve some lifting.
- Capable of frequently standing; walking; sitting; climbing (ladders; stairs; ramps; catwalks), kneeling; reaching; grasping; pushing; pulling; lifting (min 50lbs) talking and hearing.
- Capable of performing repetitive motions as required
- Required to have eyesight corrected at 20/40 to accurately read and interpret such as but not limited to instruments, gauges, and manuals.
- Must be physically capable of wearing protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to half and full-face respirators, fall protection equipment, hardhat, safety shoes, safety glasses etc.
- Ability to pass a respirator physical and respirator fit test (if applicable
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field; or equivalent work experience
- Five (5) years of experience in an industrial field including supervising of technical, operating or maintenance personnel
- Familiar with industrial concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Familiar with personal computers and their use for planning, budgeting, inventory control and database handling, use of SAP PM Application is a plus.
- Knowledge of the commercial aspects of a business including familiarity with financial reports and budgeting
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
For this role you must have authorization to work in the United States. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or expression, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
This job advertisement is supported by the ENGIE Talent Acquisition team. Agency involvement is not required. All related inquires must be done to the Talent Acquisition team, not direct to ENGIE North America Managers.
To apply click here.