Redhorse | Website
About the Organization
Now is a great time to join Redhorse Corporation. Redhorse specializes in developing and implementing creative strategies and solutions with private, state, and federal customers in the areas of cultural and environmental resources services, climate and energy change, information technology, and intelligence services. We are hiring creative, motivated, and talented people with a passion for doing what’s right, what’s smart, and what works.
Redhorse Corporation has an immediate need for an Energy Program Specialist (EPS) for a long-term project at the Philadelphia Navy Yard with occasional travel to Mechanicsburg. The EPS will work onsite at Philadelphia Navy Yard to provide comprehensive energy management services in support of energy programs to manage and reduce the base’s energy consumption, demand and costs. Primary duties include data analysis, auditing, planning, reporting, preparing briefings, training, developing energy efficiency projects, creating and maintaining metrics and other management tools, developing renewable energy resources, enhancing energy security, supporting demand reduction, reviewing designs, performing measurement and verification, identifying operations and maintenance improvements and similar energy-related services. The EPS will augment existing customer capabilities, work in a team framework, and be an on-site advocate to facilitate action and energy and cost savings.
Minimum Basic Requirement for Skills, Experience, Education and Credentials include:
- BA or BS Degree or equivalent energy-related experience.
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM) certification mandatory.
- Other desirable certifications include LEED Accredited Professional (US Green Building Council), Certified Building Commissioning Professional (Association of Energy Engineers), and Certified Energy Auditor (Association of Energy Engineers).
- Thorough understanding of load profile data presentation and manipulation.
- 5 to 7 years of experience in execution of energy accounting, utility rate analysis, energy audits, and energy project development based on the actual performance of the detailed tasks instead of simply functioning in a management role.
- 5 to 7 years of experience in providing technical resources and management of energy related services related to work that is similar to the tasks that are identified within this scope of work.
- Working knowledge of various energy estimating software packages such as but not limited to Trane Trace, DOE II, and other energy simulation software.
- Working knowledge in documenting and monitoring maintenance procedures using software such as Maximo.
- Working knowledge in various construction techniques and procedures for energy related projects including but not limited to: lighting systems; electrical systems; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems; control systems; energy distribution systems (chilled water, steam, and hot water); and plumbing systems.
- Working knowledge of executive orders, ESPC legislation, UESC legislation, utility privatization legislation, and other energy legislation and regulations.
- Working knowledge of current energy related topics through organizations such as American Society of Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE), and the Association of Energy Engineers (AEE) and other organizations.
- Understanding of the ESPC program including but not limited to the Department of Energy (DOE) ESPC guidance, DOE’s measurement and verification protocols, the International Measurement and Verification Protocols, ASHRAE’s measurement and verification procedures, and DOE’s super ESPC contracts.
- Experience in government consulting and contracting, especially for DOD organizations.
- Excellent data analysis, technical writing and communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a larger team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Project, and Access.
Location: Philadelphia, PA
EOE Statement: Redhorse Corporation is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer
Req Number: ENE-17-00049
Security Requirements: n/a
To apply click here.