SmartWatt | Website
Does the thought of interacting with different people each day excite you? Are you yearning to work in a fast paced environment where the days fly by while having fun? Have you always thought about working in the Energy industry?
Energy Auditors at SmartWatt have the important role of connecting and partnering with small to medium sized businesses within their assigned geographic region. Working within SmartWatt’s highly successful turnkey energy efficiency program delivery model, our Energy Auditors deliver value to utility customers by providing energy savingssolutions for their facilities. Our Energy Auditors are passionate about helping small businesses through the solutions that have a positive impact on their business. This is an opportunity to immerse yourself in your community, one small business at a time!
What do our Energy Auditor’s do to provide this value?
- Generate new business by conducting outreach (i.e. cold calling/canvasing) and providing education to targeted customers on the advantages and value of participating on the energy efficiency utility programs,
- complete audits within small to medium sized businesses and design energy efficiency solutions primarily focused on lighting (this includes determining qualifying measures and techniques, evaluating successful measure implementation, identifying energy saving measures, and recording audit findings),
- develop and present proposals to eligible small business customers that explain the audit results and effectively promote the project as a business solution to ultimately achieve a sale,
- connect and collaborate with SmartWatt Construction Manager(s), procurement and administration to ensure that projects are completed to meet customer and utilityexpectations while providing a positive impact on SmartWatt’s Net Promoter Score.
SmartWatt Energy Auditor’s complete a high volume of transactions, activity and customer interactions on a regular (weekly) basis and have assigned sales goals to achieve.
The core components for success are (i.e. must haves):
- A High School Diploma or equivalent
- At least 1 year of experience in a Sales or Marketing role
- Active Driver’s License
The following are a definite plus, so if you’ve got any of these be sure to tell us!
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, Marketing, Communications or a related field
- Experience working on energy efficiency/conservation projects
- Experience in energy efficient lighting
- Experience with Utility Sponsored Energy-Efficiency Rebates
Our most successful Energy Auditors come to us with the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Technical capabilities;
- A proven ability to learn and retain technical knowledge with training.
- An ability to master calculation methods with training
- Customer focus; passionate about ensuring customers are happy.
- Selling skills; a proven ability to initiate various strategies (e.g. cold calls, marketing events, networking, etc.) to increase customer base.
- Sales administration; ability to maintain customer information, prepare and process contracts and generate reports.
- Sales analysis; ability to identify, evaluate and target sales opportunities with the greatest potential.
- Quantity of work; ability to manage a high volume of transactions and activity on a weekly basis.
- Work quality; history of producing high quality work and an ability to take corrective actions.
- Planning; proven success in effectively setting priorities, establishing timelines and leveraging resources
- Communication; demonstrated ability to successfully communicate across all levels of an organization
- External awareness; stays informed about market conditions and competitive information
- Computer skills; proficiency with MSOffice products and a proven ability to learn new technologies.
- Social Networking skills; ability to utilize social networking to engage prospective customers.
If this describes you and you have at least one year of sales/marketing experience and an interest in Energy Solutions SmartWatt can provide the necessary technical training!
SmartWatt is a purpose-led company and it is important that all SmartWatt’ers share the following values:
- Commit to Win – for SmartWatt, there’s value in winning. Winning is fun. It creates energy, fuels momentum, stimulates growth and defines success.
- Deliver on Commitments – Integrity is not a tired cliché with SmartWatt. Keeping our word and keeping it real are at the heart of our corporate DNA.
- Outperform Yourself – We love what we do and we seize every opportunity to outperform our competitors, but more importantly – to always outperform ourselves, knowing there is always a next level.
- Embrace the Unconventional – The status quo, the way it’s always been done, predetermined solutions and convention wisdom are the basics, not the end game here.Exceptional is standard practice at SmartWatt.
- Connect & Collaborate – In our client relationship, partner alliances and in the SmartWatt culture there is no winning without shared values and ongoing collaboration.
To be successful at SmartWatt these values MUST resonate with you.
The work environment:
As an Energy Auditor you will spend the majority of your time out of the office traveling to and visiting customer facilities which will require frequent driving, walking and standing. While on customer sites the environment can vary and there is potential to be exposed to hazardous conditions, extreme temperatures and/or dusty or noisy conditions; although this is rare. The position also frequently communicates with customers and co-workers and must be able to exchange accurate information in an understandable way.
The travel required for this position is 75-100% of the time and will be mostly regional.
Come join a company that is committed to going further to understand what is needed and engineer what is possible.
What we do?
SmartWatt is a nationwide, fast-growing company that maximizes the value of infrastructures by optimizing energy and building systems. We design and build energy efficiency upgrade projects that help our customers achieve financial savings, energy reductions and an enhanced environment that fosters productivity, comfort and safety.
Why we do it?
We are driven and passionate about partnering with our customers and providing expertise to create more efficient and optimized environments for their employees, students, teachers and communities to thrive in. We strive to be better, do better and achieve better results for our customers. Our teams of experts don’t follow trends. We set them. We embrace change. We challenge the norm. We make promises – and we keep them. We earn our customers’ business by creating value for them, showing genuine concern and understanding of their needs, building deep relationships, and ensuring they are happy. Our customers see and feel our constant care for every project.
Our Benefits and Perks…
At SmartWatt, we ensure you are supported and valued. To help do this, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. Check out our benefits page for a list of ways that SmartWatt supports your health, your future and how we have some fun while doing it!
In true SmartWatt fashion, we are continually reviewing and re-imagining what we can offer to meet our employee’s needs. We reward our team’s hard work and talent in a way that is valuable to them.
To apply click here.