CMC Energy | Website
CMC Energy Services strives to make the world more energy efficient, ensuring a cleaner, healthier environment for this and future generations. We’re on the look-out for team players to join our family and support our mission by delivering results and innovation.
Since 1977, CMC has helped over 350,000 residential and commercial customers reduce their energy bills. We have trained more than 2,000 energy auditors in 46 states and have been awarded more than 100 residential energy efficiency programs for utilities and government agencies.
CMC is serious about investing in its employees and offers excellent career opportunities for individuals interested in pursuing industry related training and certifications.
CMC Energy offers competitive pay and a comprehensive benefit package including: paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, 401K with employer match, employer paid short and long-term disability benefits, and employer paid life insurance.
This position conducts detailed energy audits and assessments to quantify energy consumption to establish baseline use and recommend energy saving practices and measures.
CMC welcomes new graduates with degrees in Building Science, Environmental Sustainability or other related fields to apply.
1. Conduct detailed energy audits and assessments in addition to customer interviews and educational sessions.
2. Quantify energy consumption to establish base lines for energy use. Identify need and prioritize energy saving practices and measures.
3. Prepare audit reports containing energy analysis results and recommendations for energy cost savings.
4. Collect and analyze field data related to energy usage.
5. Inspect or evaluate buildings, mechanical systems, electrical systems, or process systems to determine the energy consumption of each system.
6. Perform blower door, carbon monoxide, comprehension combustion and appliance efficiency testing.
7. Educate customers on energy efficiency or answer questions on topics such as the costs of running household appliances and selection of energy efficient appliances.
8. Identify potential energy conservation measures, saving potential and recommend energy efficient technologies or alternate energy sources.
9. Prepare energy assessment reports based on analytic findings with detailed specifications and cost savings analysis. Prepare job specifications sheets for home energy improvements such as attic insulation, window air sealing, and heating system upgrades.
10. Conduct work in compliance with OSHA and CMC safety procedures as directed by supervisor.
11. Assist in preparation of heating system upgrade and replacement specifications incorporating high efficiency including detail requirements for heating systems upgrades.
12. Install weatherization program measures such as window and door weather stripping, door sweeps, window and door caulking, rim joist insulation, water heater insulation jacket, water heater pipe insulation and incidental repairs.
13. Perform miscellaneous projects and other duties as assigned.
1. Excellent customer skills required.
2. BPI Building Analyst certification preferred.
3. Residential and/or commercial experience preferred.
4. BPI Multi Family and/or QCI certification desirable.
5. Must have ability to work independently.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CMC Energy Services, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, or nondisqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the Human Resources function.
To send your resume to CMC Energy click here.