PECO | Website
At Exelon, we’ve got a place for you!
Join the nation’s leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Primary Purpose of Position:
Serves as single point of contact responsible for presenting Electric or Gas service installation options, and coordinating the design and construction of new or upgrade requests, demolitions, facility relocations, and contractor make safe situations. Responsible for providing service requirements, facility installation design, cost and labor estimates, permits and right of way applications, service dates, all associated planning activities, customer payments and customer readiness status. Maintains all communications with the customer or customer’s agent and is accountable for customer satisfaction and various performance indicators.
1. Design and Construction Consultant’s (DCC) responsibilities include: Assess customer’s needs; secure all pertinent information (load, service date, etc.)
2. Prepare overhead and underground work order designs that include the application of PECO construction standards. Prepare simple and complex design; Estimate Customer Charges.
3. Accurately inform customer of proper policies and procedures; Negotiate/finalize construction agreement; service by providing designs and furnishing cost estimates based on Company standard rates and specifications.
4.Prepare ROW (Right of Way) and Permit Applications; Prepare Advanced Meter Services- task for metering work; Plan tree trimming requests, and clearance order requests including blocking points; Initiate work order in Passport; Apply the latest company programs (TED, Passport, P3, CAD) to improve the efficiency of work task production.
5. Attend pre-design meetings; Schedule jobs; Communicate changes to scope/timing resulting from customer readiness.
6. Promote a safe work environment. Collaborate and communicate with construction personnel, customers and other utilities.
7. Respond to emergency call outs and perform emergency functions as required(screener, dispatcher, Analyst, etc.). Analyze outage information and provide location and possible cause specific information for construction dispatch and dispatch when needed.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Sciences, or Business related fields and three years job-related experience. OR Minimum sixty (60) college credits in Business or Science related field with: three (3) years’ experience in electric or gas facility design, and/or journeyman’s level in field operations, and/or 3 years account management experience. OR High school diploma with: Minimum five (5) years’ experience in electric or gas facility design and/or minimum five (5) years’ experience as journeyman in field operations and/or minimum five (5) years’ experience in account management.
2. Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills.
3. Demonstrated PC skills with work processing, databases, and spreadsheets.
4. Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record and insured vehicle for daily job site visits/inspections.
5. Excellent attendance record.
6. Successfully pass the Designer Aptitude Test.
- Knowledge of PECO Energy electric/gas rates, tariff, and Electric Service Requirements manual.
- Literacy in CIMS
- Literacy in Asset Suite 8
- Experience in interpreting and understanding distribution maps and electric/gas terminology
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Primary Location: US-PA-PHILADELPHIA
Work Locations: Christian Street Svc Bldg 830 SCHUYLKILL AVE PHILADELPHIA 19146
Job: Design Technician
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: Mar 9, 2018, 7:56:59 PM
Unposting Date: Mar 20, 2018, 4:59:00 AM